Title: Retirement Plan Specialist
Benefits: Healthcare, 401(k) Plan, Vacation/Sick
We are a Portland-based Retirement Plan Consulting and Wealth Management firm with a focus on serving corporate retirement plans and individuals. We have been an independent SEC Registered Investment Advisor since 1997 and currently manage over $1 billion in assets. Through our affiliate, Deschutes Wealth Management, we offer full financial planning and insurance consulting.
We are looking for an experienced retirement plan professional to join our retirement plan consulting team. This is a key position in the firm that offers a competitive base salary and generous revenue sharing, plus opportunity to advance into management for the right individual.
This position is a key client-facing service role on the Corporate Retirement Plan team of Deschutes Investment Consulting.
- Coordinating, developing and facilitating participant education.
- Assist in projects outlined in the Corporate Retirement Plan service plans.
- Take an active role in new client outboarding.
- Assist with firm marketing efforts and events.
- Assisting plan participants with general plan questions.
- Refer any complex participant questions to senior advisors.
- Some travel required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience presenting in group settings
- Comfortable communicating directly with clients and their employees
- Knowledge of 401k & retirement plans or financial services strongly preferred
- Teaching or training experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office use (particularly Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Ability to create educational content including presentations and flyers
- Experience with Canva preferred, but not required
- Excellent organizational skills, (multi-tasking & prioritizing)
- Team-oriented, willing to work both independently and in coordination with teammates
The ideal candidate will enjoy variety, learning new things and working in a team environment. This position also offers the motivated candidate a number of choices of career paths within the firm.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree, additional professional designations/certifications a plus (investments, insurance, or benefits).
- Preferably Series 65 licensed or ability to get licensed within first 6 months of employment.
- 5+ years of experience working with retirement plans and/or benefits.