Are you looking to elevate your career in the financial services industry?
As a Retirement Plan Consultant and Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for servicing key clients, networking, and promoting our suite of retirement plan consulting services. You will work closely with senior consultants, professional contacts, and existing corporate clients in developing new clients. In addition, you will have some mentoring opportunities with the founder who built the business from the ground up. You will be able to focus 75% of your time on Client Service and 25% on Business Development activities. We are seeking an ambitious professional who has experience and contacts in the NW region and local Portland, OR marketplace.
We hire smart, self-motivated, and personable people who thrive on empowering people financially, making solid connections and growing the business.
About the Company
Deschutes Investment Consulting is a Portland-based Retirement Plan Consulting and Wealth Management firm. The firm is an independent SEC Registered Investment Advisor founded in 1997. Deschutes currently manages approximately 2 billion in assets, and we serve over 300 corporate and individual clients primarily located in Oregon and Washington. Our suite of retirement plan consulting services include: Investment Advisory 3(21) and 3(38) Fiduciary, Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and many other aspects of retirement plan management.
- 8+ years’ experience in the financial services or related industry
- Experience and contacts in the NW region
- Experience and comfort level with prospecting activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and leverage professional relationships
- Investment and retirement plan knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional designations preferred CHFC, CIMA, CFP etc.
- Some travel
- The position is in our Portland, Oregon office with partial work from home schedule.
Deschutes offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that includes:
- Health insurance
- 401k plan
- Base salary, plus bonus plan
- Continuing education and training
- Mentorship with CEO/Founder
Compensation will be based on experience.
- Manage and Develop Key Client Relationships
- Follow up on opportunities and referrals that lead to new corporate retirement plan clients.
- Understanding of retirement plans and basics of plan management.
- Knowledge of the retirement plan benchmarking process and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation experience virtually and in person.
- Ability to network with company owners, executives, and professional contacts.
- Develop key retirement plan relationships such as recordkeeping firms and ERISA attorneys.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Understanding of financial management industry.
- Professional attitude and demeanor, and a strong commitment to confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Work effectively with the support team in developing Request for Proposals (RFPs) and sales presentations.
- Active participant in sales meeting and marketing efforts for business development
- Attend company events and seek out industry related networking opportunities.
Mid - Senior Level
Full - Time
Contact Emily@Deschutesinvestment.com for more information and please send your resume.